I made Christmas cards and tags! Quite an accomplishment considering I have not made any cards in a long time. I am grateful for Nenette of My Little Attic for taking the lead in creating a card swap. If not for this swap, my mojo would have remained dormant. Haha! Anyway, we were required to make a total of five cards and tags: any combination will do as long that there is at least one card and one tag, a total of five. So here’s the five that I sent out to my friend Liza Bermudez. I tried to use different techniques per card.
1. Joy To The World – I used a watercolor wash for the background and used a brush pen to write “Joy to the World”. I added the stars using a white gel pen.
2. Christmas Tree – I embossed the gold paper using an old embossing plate through my Sizzix Big Shot. Then I stamped the Christmas tree using a clear embossing ink, sprinkled embossing powder, and applied heat. I also stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and used a gold matting.
3. Gift – I got the idea from Pinterest and came up with this pop-up card with just a few simple cuts. I used old patterned paper as background and gifts. The gift tag greeting was handwritten.
4. Happy Christmas Tag – For the background, I used a piece of paper sprayed with Dylusions Ink Spray. I love Dylusions Ink Spray!!! Then I stamped the image on white cardstock, colored it with pencils, and distressed the background with Distress Ink.
5. Joy Tag – I used Dylusions Ink Spray here again. Then I used a paint brush and gold pigment (Finetec Arabian Gold) to write the text. The text doesn’t look so good on photo but it is very shimmery in real life. I also brushed some gold on the sides of the background paper.
So those are the cards and tags I sent for the swap. Other than those, I also made a few extras.
O Holy Night – Did I mention I love my Dylusions Spray Ink? Look at the vibrant colors! I just sprayed different colors and let the paper dry. Then I used gold pigment to write the text.
Christmas Candle – This one is a simple stamped image that I colored with cheap pencils. Emphasis on the cheap. Haha!
Happines Tag – This is a combination of the different techniques above. I stamped the image, colored with pencils, then distressed the paper with ink. I mounted it on a piece of cardstock sprayed with Dylusions Spray Ink.
Peace Tag – Again, I used Dylusions Ink Spray for the background. Once dry, I stamped the image using embossing ink, then I sprinkled gold embossing powder and applied heat. I also inked the edges and embossed with gold powder.
Here’s a close up of the embossed image.
Ang ganda nun pop-out card, ALby!
Madali lang yan Candy. Kayang kaya mo.