It’s been a while since I’ve been tagged so thanks PasigMom for this.
1. I find it difficult to think of 10 interesting things about me, because I don’t think my life is any more special than others. We are all blessed, we are all loved by God, we all have our own lives to live. So I guess that’s one thing about me – I believe in God and I love God. My life is a constant struggle to please Him. It’s not easy but I’m trying.
2. People think I am an extrovert because I am talkative around friends but I am an introvert who prefers to stay home alone. Really! Ask my hubby.
3. I love watching Criminal Minds. Blue Bloods is also a recent favorite, along with Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Terra Nova.
4. I love photography and scrapbooking, but if you’re my friend, you probably already know that.
5. I love to cook and try new dishes. December last year, I bought a paellera thinking I’ll try to cook paella since I love this Spanish dish. One year later, the paellera is still wrapped in the original plastic packaging, waiting for me to give paella a try.
6. Recently, I’ve also tried baking. I focus on “healthier” treats using whole wheat flour, sugar substitute, nuts, seeds and other ingredients that are good for the heart. Once in a while, I also make chocolate desserts like chocolate cake and souffle.
7. I discovered that I love to travel when I got married. We try to visit a new place each year. This year, we were blessed to go out of Asia to see the UK. While Europe boasts of the best man-made attractions, I think nothing beats the natural wonders that Philippines has to offer.
8. I love dogs. We have two now, 6-yr old Samantha and 2-yr old Cain. Two of our dogs died this year – our 8-yr old lab Charlotte who is also our very first pet as a married couple, and our 7-yr old mutt Harry whom we got a year after. 2 years ago, we also lost Carrie, our then 3-year old mini-dachshund. We’re thinking of getting another lab in 2012.
9. I spend hours each day on the internet. I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Blogger, Netvibes, Flickr, Smugmug, and a ton other social networking sites. I also follow a LOT of blogs, and I’m a member of a couple of forums. I take online classes for scrapbooking, photography and photo editing. If you take away the internet from me, I’ll probably survive, but not without serious withdrawal symptoms.
10. Unlike other women my age, I won’t be impressed with gifts of designer bags, shoes and clothes. If you’ve got the money, buy me L-lenses.
Tag, you’re it! Here are the rules. Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. If you don’t have a blog, you can post and tag on Facebook instead.
Ok, I will take a shortcut here. I’m tagging all my Snapshot friends! Come on ladies, post away! And just because I’d like a photo to go with my post, here’s an old one from last year.
|Taken in April 2010 at the Calauit Safari, Palawan|