Now that the news is out, I’d like to share some of the layouts I submitted to MLA. These are posted at the MLA blog, along with the project details. I just want to show a bit more behind the scenes photos and thoughts about these layouts.
This one started with the photo. I love the photo and I thought the Marakech line is perfect for this. I wanted to keep the overall look simple so I opted for a dark background which isn’t so busy. Then I just added a splash of color, a bit of stamping and some dimension through the layered elements. I added the buttons on top of the chipboards and I thought they really made a big difference.
Here’s a closer look. The word “unforgettable” was stamped and heat embossed.
And here’s a closer look at the layered elements. That’s a button on top of a chipboard on patterned paper.
This second layout also started with the photo. I desaturated the photo so that there’s only that bit of yellow showing through from the camera strap. Because it was desturated, it can work with any patterned paper. I chose to work with blue since the photo was taken in summer, by the pool. More layered elements on this layout. Can you spot them?
More stamping too! The word “adventure” was framed with a label chipboard which I painted with crackle paint.
Look at those cracks!
But my favorite part of this layout are the dots of Stickles all over the page.
Finally, this box has been sitting on my scrap table for months. I painted the edges red and covered it with scraps from my two layouts. Here it is when it was still naked…
…and all dressed up!
Here’s a view of the cover. The flower stem was first “painted” with Mod Podge and then sprayed with a shimmer mist. I love how it turned out.
And here’s a closer view of the gorgeous flowers.
There’s more where these came from so stay tuned. And, before I end this post, I just want to declare…
…I’m BG-challenged no more! Oh yeah!