I was so inspired by Christine’s cards that I just have to make some of my own. And since I have the Studio Azul Lady In Red Kit leftovers, I have more than enough reason to make some. All these are 6×6 folded Christmas Cards. I have yet to put the greetings inside the card but that should be easy.
1) I used 1/4 of the Hambly Screen Prints Overlay included in my Lady in Red Kit plus some cardstock. I stamped Merry Christmas on the overlay using Staz-On. The photo-corners are made using the cut and emboss die of Ellison. Oh, and I love the Christmas Tree! I cut two identical sheets of green CS. One I punched with holes of varying sizes. The other I traced the holes on and covered with bits of colored papers which I glazed (Diamond Glaze) for added shine. I then adhered the tree with the holes on top of the tree with the colored papers using foam tape for some dimension. Cool huh!
2) I used another 1/4 of the Hambly overlay over green cardstock. I used a small scrap of the Jenni Bowlin Vintage Red Tiny Dots paper, added some stickers of my own (Sandylion) plus a gold ribbon.
3) Another 1/4 of the Hambly overlay on red cardstock, plus some embossed green CS (using Cuttlebug embossing folders), Sandylion Stickers and a gold ribbon complete this card.
4) I used leftover scraps of the JB Vintage Red Tiny Dots, Vintage Black Ledger papers and the Imagination Project red pp here, adhered to white CS. I dabbed white acrylic paint at the lower portion of the card, adhered die cuts of the trees and the cottage – paper pieced (Cuttlebug Winter dies). I used the red felt from the kit for the roof and chimney. The house is adhered using foam tape for dimension. I added a Christmas themed vellum sticker from Sandylion to complete the card. Isn’t it cute?
5) For this one, I used the Imagination Project patterned paper from the kit, plus a piece of cardstock which I painted red (I ran out of red CS!), and stamp-embossed with the stamp included in the Lady in Red Kit. I added the red ribbon also included in the kit.
Three 12 x 12 layouts plus a couple of cards! Not bad for P950.
Is it obvious I was on a roll last weekend?!!!